The Incredible Mexican Wonder of The World
Chichen Itza is an incredible Mayan feat of architecture! If you are in Quintana Roo or The Yucatan peninsula, this is a must see.
HOW TO GET TO CHICHEN ITZA:
Rent a car, book way in advance to avoid fees, if you are doing this last minute, shop around for the best rate: Momondo.com, Kayak.com, if you have points/special rates through a credit card…
If you travel with kids, check out this blog post, it is a great place for kids to adventure, so don’t miss this one!
- Do not buy from the vendors there, many of the “artifacts” are counterfeit
- There is water and food for sale, but best for your wallet and grounds to bring your own
- GET THERE EARLY, either book an early tour OR stay at an airbnb or hotel the night before, worth it!
- If you drive, be sure to check out a cenote on the way, there are hundreds, pick any one you like!
- Make sure you hydrate before and after you go, there is a lot of heat, and you will get dehydrated- this means no drinking the night before and no caffeine the morning of…
CENOTES YOU MUST SEE ON YOUR WAY:
CENOTE IK KIL
Photo by : Claudia Nannini